Island is a Nordic island country in the North Atlantic, A place where fire and ice co-exist. It is said that “You must go to adventures to find out where you truly belong” and Iceland is not a destination it’s an adventure. It is covered by ice, glaciers and geysers and has got more than 30 active volcanoes. The largest ice cap (glacier) is Vatnajokull (also known as the water Glacier in English) and covers more than 9% of the country and one of the largest areas in Europe. On the other side Hekla and Katla is the most active volcano. You will not be able to see this sort of miracle in any element.
A must go places in Iceland
If you are planning to have a virtual tour around the world, This Country is one the hottest tourist destination around the world. It’s not only about volcanoes either; you will explore what makes this small Island rich and cultural. Island is maybe small but it’s sure full of surprises which makes it a must go places of your bucket list.
- Take a bath at the Blue Lagoon geothermal spa an exclusive spa for stunning views and world famous skin treatment.
- One of the best places where you can see northern lights. You can spot them anywhere from Iceland City. This phenomenon appears as it’s almost magic. Since it is too popular hotels offers special amenities such as guidance and warm tube for visitors. Best time to catch it is during winter season starting at September and last until April.
- See the spectacular Gullfoss waterfall which erupt every few minutes
- Hike the trails in the Skaftafell National Park
- Admire the many geysers and volcanoes
- Reykjavik: Visit the Hallgrimskirkja (church) and the National Museum
- You will additionally see many seabirds like puffins. It is also a breeding home for about 60 percent of the worlds Atlantic puffins. They are very beautiful as the beak of the puffin fades to grey during winters and blooms into orange in spring time.
- You will experience a tremendous sea life in here. One of the popular things to do is whale watching.
- And have you heard of the Icelandic horses, it is the breed of horse developed here. At times they are pony sized but strong, and breeders always refer them as Icelandic horses. These horses are long lived and hardy. They are so robust they can stay on the fields during wintertime.
- There are many waterfalls, hot springs, mud pools and geothermal vents, where the heat of the earth comes out from the earth surface.
- The volcanoes in the area are always an advantage in producing geothermal energy, heating and making of electricity. Five major geothermal power stations exist in Iceland and supply the heating to around 85% of all households.
A lot of tourist also comes here for road trips and bag packing. You can also rent a van and travel around, cook your own food. You can also go for the cycling tour and take breathtaking photographs. The best part is it is the place to relax and enjoy nature to don’t expect to find many malls or traffic around.